Monday, September 24, 2012

Carmel Apple Coffee Cake

Lately, I've been on a baking spree on Sunday nights.  I'm not sure what's that all about but Mr. Bear and my co-workers are loving it!  I saw this cake on the cover of Southern Living magazine and couldn't resist making it. This cake turned out delicious! It took some time but it was totally worth it! While I don't like the cooler fall weather, I do love fall food.  And what's better than carmel and apples??  Not much in book.   I don't drink coffee, but word is this cake pars nicely with a cup of joe. Happy Monday!





Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 3 large)
  • Streusel Topping
  • Caramel Sauce
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
Streusel Topping 
Ingredients
  •  1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
Caramel Sauce
Ingredients
  • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup honey

1 comment: